Tuesday, August 11, 2009

My GA Vacation Days 1 & 2!!!

Just letting you all know that I'm in Georgia and enjoying myself. I do feel a little bit guilty that I left my hubby home and working. He and I are never ever apart and it's harder on us to be apart.

Yesterday, I spent 11 hours on the train... I thought I never would get to Atlanta! It was a nice ride. I read a little bit and wrote a letter and worked on a guideline or two but mostly, I looked out the window... not a ton to look at but trees and streams and such... a few neat little towns. My lunch on the train was the highlight of the train ride! Their special was a garden salad and Shrimp 'n' Grits. It was very good! Of course, that's a New Orlean's or southern dish, so I'm told, so it was full of flavor. I will be looking for a recipe for this and making it when I get home! Any of you have one?

Today was a nice day. We had breakfast at a neat little country restaurant called Papa Jack's. Of course, I had biscuits and gravy. We did some fabric shopping. I now know where I get my love of fabric from! Yep... Pop's has it bad too! I was told that he did, but didn't realize just how bad it was until he started pulling stuff out after our shopping trip! I only bought a few things here and there. Lunch was at Fudruckers... my favorite GA Burger place! It was great too. Somehow, I got suckered into cooking dinner but I did NOT do dishes! LOL!

Anyway... let me tell you about fabric... OMG do I have fabric! Pop's has cleaned out his stash and I'm on the receiving end of some really great stuff! I'm so excited! I have to go tomorrow and buy a big tote at WalMart to put all of it in! In addition to that, I have also inherited a Baby Lock. Talk about getting spoiled! I'm not going to know what to do with myself! He said that something is wrong with the tension on the machine but he never really fooled with it. I'm hoping that it's nothing major but whatever, I figure that it should be at least worth getting it fixed, right?

I hope that you all are having a nice week this far!!!

~~Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment